In order to import data from Google Analytics 360 into SegmentStream, you have to first set up a Google Analytics 360 BigQuery export, follow this guide before continuing.
- Inside the admin panel navigate to Settings > Google Analytics.
- Choose Google Analytics 360 from the list.
- Select the Google Cloud project and BigQuery dataset where the Google Analytics data is exported to.
- Configure the Referral exclusion list to match your Google Analytics property.
- Click Save.
Accessing a Google Analytics dataset from another project
If the account that the SegmentStream BigQuery integration is authenticated with doesn’t have access to the project and dataset that the Google Analytics data is exported to, you have to provide access by following the steps below:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Open the console left side menu and click IAM & admin. Select IAM from the list.
On the top click +ADD:
- Enter the email address of the account that the SegmentStream BigQuery integration is authenticated with into New principals field.
Select the BigQuery Data Viewer role.
- Now you can return to the data source and select the Google Cloud project and BigQuery dataset that you gave access to.
In case you can not get BigQuery Data Viewer access to the whole project, but only to the Google Analytics 360 dataset, you will still have to provide the Browser role to the project as described above to set up the data source. To provide access only to the dataset you have to open it in BigQuery, click “Sharing” -> “Permissions”, click “Add principal”, and add the BigQuery Data Viewer role to the required account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.